Our Current Vacancies
Would you love to work within a team that is as passionate about animal care and clinical improvements as you are?
How about a share in the bonus earned by the practice that is usually reserved for just the vets and directors?
We have a great opportunity for a Registered Veterinary Nurse to join our team here at Astonlee.
We believe that veterinary nurses are the cornerstone in the quest to deliver outstanding clinical care to our patients. We achieve this by providing high levels of clinical and emotional support, and encourage team members to pursue their own areas of interest and develop skills across all aspects of veterinary nursing, including leadership and management, and Schedule 3 nursing.
Progression is important to us within our clinics, so if you have an idea of where you see your career going please let us know and we can put a plan in place to help you achieve this!
This is a full time role working 40 hours per week with a mix of early and late shifts, including a fair share in our weekend rota. There are no out-of-hours requirements. We will also welcome applications from candidates looking for a reduced amount of hours per week.
In return, we can offer you:
- A competitive salary negotiated dependent on your skills up to £27,000 DOE
- A reflective share in the practice's annual productivity bonus scheme
- 5 weeks of holiday + bank holidays
- Buy/Sell holiday scheme – allowing you to buy another 2 weeks of holiday
- Industry leading enhanced maternity/paternity/adoption pay
- Company pension scheme
- Access to our Sharesave scheme – purchase shares in our business
- All your professional fees covered
- Generously funded and fully encouraged CPD
A range of other benefits such as Cycle to Work scheme, Perkbox, Gymflex and more!
So, if you're looking for a position that will allow you to do what you do best, and a team that will support you and each other, please get in touch with us! Or for an informal chat please contact Lauren from our recruitment team on 07776 497219
Do you want a role that will give you job satisfaction, with a practice that has all the tools, tech and toys you need to do a great job for your patient?
Would you like to be part of a team with a strong work up culture allowing you to achieve the best possible outcome for your case?
If so, we have just the job for you...Astonlee is a Small Animal Veterinary Practice based in Milton Keynes who are looking for a Vet with proven experience to join the team.
Here's what matters to us as a team:
* An excellent attitude to patient and client care.
* Positive and supportive working environment.
* Excellent clinical standards.
You will work a 4 day week with a share in the weekend rota. We will also welcome applications from candidates looking for less days per week.
We want to let you know career progression is just as important to us as it is to you. We are all strongly focused on development, which is why we would love to talk to you about your goals and help fund a certificate if you have found your interest.
What can we offer you?
* Excellent salary packages and bonus scheme Up to 5 weeks annual leave plus bank holidays with the option to buy and sell up to two weeks leave.
* Long-term employment security and the opportunity to have a wide and varied career path.
* Relocation packages will also be considered.
* Industry leading enhanced maternity, paternity and adoption leave pay offering 10 weeks full and 10 weeks half pay.
* RCVS & VDS fees paid.
* CPD encouraged and funded.
* Company pension scheme.
We welcome new colleagues who share our commitment to providing the best care to the animals in our local community! In return we look after our people and offer rewarding career opportunities for all levels of experience. So if you’re a fully qualified vet or just share our love of all animal comparisons, read on to find out if Astonlee is your next career move.
“I spent 3 years with Astonlee as a Graduate Veterinary Surgeon; I am really happy here, fantastic support and an awesome rota!”
Here at Astonlee Veterinary Centre, we are all about the small animals, treating cats and dogs, rabbits, guinea pigs and also hamsters, birds, reptiles and all other family pets. The practice was founded with the intention of providing the very best veterinary care to the local community and so we have done for over 30 years! Our aim is to give each of our patients the same level of care that we would give our own animals and having a committed team is fundamental in achieving this.
Life at Astonlee
Daily life at Astonlee is challenging, fun and rewarding! Best of all, we thrive on making a difference to the lives of every pet that visits us. We need great people to do this, who love their work just as much as our clients love their pets and we understand what drives our team to deliver the best for the animals in our care.
Why our team love life at Astonlee
- We are proud to be an accredited RCVS Veterinary Centre, are a Gold Standard Cat Friendly Clinic and hold a Silver Award in the Rabbit Friendly clinic system
- You will be working at an architect designed, modern and purpose built practice, fully equipped for the most challenging of cases!
- We offer possibilities of senior roles
- We consider part-time hours if this suits you best!
- Our practice provides excellent all round experience in medicine and surgery with the scope to tailor workload to your interests
- We focus on providing continuity of care for our vets and their patients; we know this is so important!
- OOH care is provided by VetsNow 10mins away from the practice.